Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Christmas Cookies Recipe!" by Amanda


Christmas Cookies Recipe

christmas-cookies-cute-christmas-cookies.jpg

Hi! My name is Amanda and the reason why I want to write about Christmas cookies is because cookies are fun to make. You can design the cookies any way you want. For an example you can make snowman cookies, Christmas tree cookies, reindeer cookies, and star cookies.  You can put any kind of topping on the cookies like white chocolate and dark chocolate.  My mom and my dad like Christmas cookies because of the decoration and the sweet taste of cookies.    



Ingredients

1 ½ cups confectioners sugar


1 cup butter, softened  
 
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


½ teaspoon almond extract


2 ½  cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon cream of tartar     


Directions


1: Mix confectioners sugar, butter or margarine, egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate  for 2 hours.


2: Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Divide dough into halves, on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Roll each half out to 3/16 inch thick. Then cut the cookies into Christmas shapes.


3: Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 7 to 8 minutes. Last, cool the cookies on wire racks and decorate as desired.

2 comments:

  1. I like your cookie recipe it's so delioues:-) :-) :-)
    Love Layla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda: I love cookies. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us. I will have to try them. I wish you could come decorate them for me because that would be fun.
    Patty W

    ReplyDelete